Sourdough derivatives

After coming back from HK, asked a friendly bakery to get a bit of their sourdough starter to restart home baking. It is a very vigorous one, far better than what I used last year. 

As the house is cool at less then 20˚C, I decided to keep it in the oven with the door ajar and the light on. This provides around 25˚C environment, which turned out to be perfect to keep the sourdough starter active. 

I rise the bread dough also inside the oven with light on, with very predictable result and timing, nice loaf every time.

As I have to refresh the starter everyday, I used the discard to make simple carbs for lunch. Simply add a little bit more flour to form a small dough, add seasoning and seeds, rest till lunch in the oven and bake/steam/fry etc. 

sourdough seaweed caraway biscuit

sourdough scallion sesame seed foccacia

sourdough dessicated coconut bun

sourdough almond flour pita bread


No comments:

Post a Comment