Black mulberry

 


Black mulberry


 

I have read in many gardening and foodies' books that it is worth planting black mulberry tree and wait for it to mature to bear fruit. Supposedly black mulberry has the best flavor among all other berries, and only tasty when fully ripe, turns very soft and hence impossible to transport, a fruit hard to find in the market at that maturity.

 

I planted 2 tree seedlings, don't know how many years I have to wait for them to bear fruit, I count it as a legacy for future house owners.

 

Found out that there is a dwarf tree variety available that will fruit from the same year, just like bush type berries.

 

It is interesting to watch it growt and taste the berry, indeed only worth eating when fully ripe and really soft, the flavor is hard to describe, so rich and intense like no other berry, a good purchase.

 

Black mulberry flower



The fruit comes out from the base of branches, hence it is good to shorten the branches regularly to make them having more branches.

 

The flower is amazing, unlike any other berry and fruit flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment