Nearly daily vegetable dishes

With continue good harvest of beans and tomatoes, these 2 dishes are on the table very regularly.

 


Cherry tomato Sungold is now my no.1 favorite cherry tomato, really lovely balance of sweetness and sourness, better than any other tomatoes I have grown and tasted before.


I like to cut them in halves, if there is time, mix with salt and olive oil and rest for an hour, to soften a little, then mix in fresh basil just before serving.

Or put the dish in warm oven for 5 minutes to do the softening job instead.

 


 

For runner bean Painted Lady (my long time favorite variety) and climbing bean Sunshine (easy to harvest with the bright yellow colour, and beautiful in the dish), I like to cook with a few garlic cloves that have been slow cooked in olive oil, some water, salt, some chili flakes. So that at the end of the cooking, the water evaporated leaving a light sauce wrapping the beans.  

No comments:

Post a Comment